Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another finish

Tonight I finished Stitches in Sterling by Nancy Cucci. I took out a mistake I made last night, and was able to finish the last few sections. The two bottom left darning patterns are both worked in Perle Cotton and Kreinik. The lower right block is supposed to have my initials and year but I changed that. I also changed out the crystal rhinestone for the duller pearl in the very center block of the beaded box. I felt there was so much glitz that I wanted this instead. Thanks to Nancy for allowing me to blog stitch this piece.

3 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Superb! Nicely done Pat.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Great! I think of this as your wedding dress sampler. It is elegant without being overwhelming in the photographs. Once again, I can't wait to see this all framed and ready to hand on my wall.

Ok, just kidding. (Judy, do you have your black turtleneck and pants ready so we can make a midnight raid on Pat's place and grab all the fabulous needlework?)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Almost forgot--the pearl is a wonderful touch. I can see why a crystal was too much.