Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, Wow!

Madonna of the Front Range Stitcher ( on my blog roll on the right) did a celebration for her first comment left after her 20,000th visitor and it was me! I was amazed! I did not (like everyone else I found out) have any idea she was doing something like this! She sent me a note and let me know she was mailing me a surprise! And, look what I got in the mail today: Studios magazine-I have never seen this, but am drooling--June McKnight's Christmas Stitches, a painted canvas--yes!--of a darling winter cube complete with all the threads!, a bookmark magnet--how cute is that?!, a coaster that says Smart Women crave Good Company, and last, but not least, a Kelmscott Needle Minder with my initial on it! What a fabulous prize(s) and all because I love to see what everyone is doing and add comments to the blogs! Thank you, Madonna! Thank you, thank you!! I am in awe!

I was so excited but I did manage to settle down and do some stitching too. I finished the bottom band of Monet's Garden by finishing the Linen Fold Variation center section using the Splendor yellows. I then started the top of the box doing a Reverse Mosaic with more of the yellow Splendor--it is that little section on the top oval!

What a great day! Stitchers and bloggers are wonderful!!


3 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

What a very wonderful and generous surprise!! I treasure getting a comment from her - and I like her blog too. It's super.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Congratulations! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

Hi Pat,

Quite agree with Jane :-)

Pierrette =^..^=