Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Restart


I restarted the Black and the Gold. This is a bargello wave style design. The top row of each curve is worked in Kreinik 16 followed by 8 and then 4. Next is DMC 282, followed by Antique Gold, which is actually a black wrapped in gold. I did not get as far as I thought I would as I ended up pulling out a section of the four again tonight, but not nearly as much as the first start would have to be removed. I have set the previous started piece aside and will eventually pull out of it out, but I was anxious to get going again.

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Personally, I find bargello counts very hard, particularly on the diagonal. I think you have done very well so far on this. It's going to be lovely, isn't it?

T minus 4 days!

Kelly said...

This is beautiful. How do you feel about working on black? I have a friend teaching at NAN and I guess it was a huge issue that she designed on black canvas. Personally, I don't mind black canvas. I am going to do a cross stitch on 40ct linen over one. I may have a completely different opinion on that project.

NCPat said...

I think I have it figured out and will let you know if I do when I blog it next week....as to black, I really don't mind it and I do use my light soI don't have a big issue.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

Pat,

Who is the designer of this piece?

Pierrette =^..^=