Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Some days you feel like a nut

Yup, that is it. I pulled out an old....not saying how old, just old.....WIP to resume stitching and replace the Ribbons and Roses piece in the rotation. I stitched for about thirty minutes. I looked at the alignment as it is a Bargello piece. Nothing was lining up......hhhmmmmm......what is the deal?? I kept looking and sure enough about 2/3 of what I had in was wrong! I found the mistake many rows back.......and started the ugly process of reverse stitching. DH casually asks....."Do you have to rip all that out because if you do, you will have nothing to show for today?! He got a dirty look and a semi-patient response of " I guess I will have to take it all out as it is wrong. Maybe that is why I never finished it." He says "why don't you just start all over?" I said " You know, I guess that would be smarter." I took the piece off the frame and went to the canvas stash to get another piece......no black 18 count in the stash. "Oh, no, I am out of canvas in that color!" I said and then he said "Why don't you just pick something else that is not finished and just work on that instead? It is not like you don't have anything to work on." He is lucky to still be breathing, and I have absolutely nothing to show you today! Tomorrow will be a better day. And, I will have to make a trip to the stitch shop....oh, poor pitiful me! LOL

3 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

You're a riot. Well now yours is a very familiar story. I did the exact thing with bargello too, I folded it up and put it in a drawer for several years and now it's decorating a landfill somewhere. I did not start it over like I told myself I would do. I never claimed I was perfect...not that anyone would believe me if I did!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Personally I am surprised your husband is still breathing. Have fun shopping!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

OOOH NOOOO I have about three yards of black 18 mesh in the closet. I'll never use it. I have no patience for ripping out - I just trash the piece and start another one.