Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A little of this and a little of that

If you click on the picture above and enlarge it, you will see that I put a note on there about the Micro Ice. It outlines the Waffle stitches and hopefully you can see that in the area next to the words......or maybe a little better in this one below...it is the fuzzy stuff at the outside edges.
On the Gifts of Love piece by Sharon G: I am using the Marlitt because I had it in my stash. Judy recommends knotting it up by the needle and to use the DMC Satin Floss. I have not tried the Satin floss yet, but wanted to work the stash instead. I recommend you try both and see what works for you.

Monet's Garden: Jane asked if I knew about the finishing CD and I do and I have it. Monet's Garden by Terry Dryden was a gift from DH at Christmas. I received the full kit of canvas, threads, directions and CD for finishing. I ordered and received the frame too so we will be finishing this on the blog.

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Thank you! I see it now! Well, sort of. This has to be seen in person to really see the contrasts, like most monochromatic pieces. These are good photos, though, and I can tell what it is like much better.

So thanks. It is subtle but beautiful. I enjoyed watching it grow, even though geometrics are not My Thing.