Thursday, April 8, 2010

Next up....

Terry Dryden's Monet's Garden Oval Box! This is a Christmas gift from DH and I am thrilled to start this piece! The kit contains: Two full color photos, the one above, and one showing the piece stitched laid flat out, excellent instructions, line drawn canvas, all the fibers, and a DVD on finishing instructions for the box. Although the hinged lid did not come with it, Ms. Dryden graciously supplied the info and I have the lid as well.
To begin, using J. L. Walsh Silk Perle in a soft medium green, I completed the bottom in an alternating Scotch Stitch. The instructions include a couple of options and I chose to use the deeper V option. The box bottom width is 10 1/2" wide and 2 1/2 inches high.

Tomorrow, I add yet another piece into the rotation!

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Oh, neat! I love Terry Dryden's work. This is going to be FUN.

Kelly said...

Terry's pieces are so much fun. She takes great care and I found she makes it so you have very little compensating so they are very relaxing to work on. Enjoy!

Zelda said...

I too love Terry's pieces. Not only are they fun and interesting they come out great!! Keep on posting!!! And... should you find yourself in need of magnifiers, reading glasses or anything you might need while stitching... visit htpp://www.debspec.com for some really fun, fashionalbe, affordable magnification to help with all your stitching needs.

Pierrette =^..^= said...

Pat,

Looking forward to see this project move along. I had so much fun stitching a piece of hers some time ago.

Pierrette =^..^=