Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Ribbon is Finished

Since the Kreinik silver came in, I decided to work on this piece at my stitching group tonight. I was able to complete the silver on the right streamer and we are calling the ribbon stitching finished! I also did a little bit more of the background on the top left. I looked for a ready made tassel to attach to this piece this weekend, but nothing jumped right out at me. So, during menial mindless tasks, I have been pondering how I am going to do it, and I believe I have it figured out! Yippee! Stay tuned to watch it unfold. I may even get started on that this week, but I do want to get more of the left side background in and my fingers are ancy to get more of the roses done too.....so much to do!

2 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

YAY! The ribbon is done and now on to that lovely tassel. Nice job.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The silver edge to the ribbon is the perfect finishing touch to that area. It looks very nice. This is a huge piece, and I know there are miles of background to finish, but it seems to me it is going very quickly.

Nice job!

Madonna and I are going to fight over who gets to have it in their house first once it is finished.

Jane, dodging the shoe Madonne tossed here in CH -- LOL