Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hard to fly yet-Update!

I finished the tail and outlined the feathers, took out the beak and redid it so that it was narrower, and did one wing. He can't really hover yet, but almost. The back wing is a piece of chiffon with iron on interfacing. It is then chain stitched to the linen and then that is wrapped. The lines in the wings are done with the outline stitch. Tomorrow I work on the foreground wing.
The silvery chiffon is ironed onto interfacing and then cut out close to the traced pattern lines. By chain stitching around the outside edge, it secures the piece to the fabric.

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Lovely! Comparing the beaks (yesterday's and today's), I prefer today's. You were right to restitch it.

The chiffon wing is looking great. Did you turn under the raw fabric edges before attaching it to the ground fabric? What color is the chiffon? It looks silvery in the photo?

Thanks for answering all my questions! I'm considering using chiffon as the rear side of my free swinging Tardis door so I am quite interested.

Edy said...

Beautiful bird!