Monday, February 1, 2010

And then I...

Mixed white with navy and some black and created the new background.  It sure made a difference to the look of the entire canvas. Notice the area where the yellow rose used to be. I will stitch in another pink rose to balance the piece. (She said with a lot more confidence than actually available at this point!)

Below are all the threads that I will be using. The Needlepointer in Washington sent most of the following threads when I ordered the canvas. I have already made some substitutions, of course, since I changed the design somewhat. The threads are Silk and Ivory, top, greens for stems and sepals, dusty roses to burgundy for the ribbon. Below that on the right is the Soie d'Alger for the border in blue instead of teal and navy Splendor and Impressions for the background. Bottom right is Silk and Ivory for the rose, and above that Soie d'Alger for the tassel and cord. Ready, set, stitch!

4 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

You know, you don't have to do a rose to replace the yellow flower. You could do a monogram set in a rectangle with more of the left hand border round it....

Just a thought in case you are really worried about doing a flower from scratch.

It's fascinating to see this work up. The threads look lovely. Thanks, Pat.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Very pretty - the threads look gorgeous! The design is so much nicer without the distraction of the yellow rose. Just a pink bud would do - I don't think it needs a full blown rose if you're not ready for that yet. I look forward to watching this one.

designer said...

I like the new canvas much better! You've done a great job.

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

Oh, I like this!

You'll be able to do the rose free hand! I have confidence in you! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow