Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Up to speed

See, I really have been working on this. As a reminder, I took this canvas with me to the Canvas Workshop with Carole Lake at Callaway, and after discussion, we decided that less is more on this piece. Not all canvas areas have to be stitched. The designer painstakingly created a work of art and in order to let those beautiful roses retain the focal point that they are, I will be stitching less. Here, I have finished the pistils that surround the center of each one. I used Kreinik Cord in 001C silver in an outline stitch. I did the French knots using Belle Soie silk by Crescent Colours. It is a 12 stranded spun silk and I used three strands, wrapped three times. The darker color is called Petunia and the lighter is Lara Lilac. I then used two strands of Petunia to attach the SJ Design beads, size 12/0 in color D117. The top left side is the Kreinik #4 005HL black in Expanded Alternating Continental.

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I think this is going to be gorgeous when it is done, Pat.

Can I borrow it to carry to the grocery store or the drug store? Those are the only places I go!

NCPat said...

Sure, but please don't put anything in it! LOL

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

Very pretty!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow