Friday, October 30, 2009
I did it!
I actually finished area five (June)! LOL! I am waaaayyyyy behind on this Kimono! However, I did complete this section tonight. The Henderson Variant (top left, by the way) was worked using Neon Rays in N90 and then the tent stitches were done in Kreinik 002, size 12. I think it looks good and it is shinier in person. I am going to start the September stitch next on this piece. It is the area to the left of this one I just finished. As I have said before, working with this much silk and metallics I do prefer to work from the top down to keep from dragging my hand over the whole thing while stitching. I know I could turn the canvas and or cover the other areas, but it is just one of my quirks. Trust me, it is not the only one!