Sunday, August 9, 2009

Off to see the framer!

So, at Jane's suggestion, I skipped most of the chores!! I did do some flower bed weeding before it turned too hot, and a couple of loads of laundry too, but then I stitched!! I finished the last of the top left border. Next I used an outline stitch around all of the leaves and stem. The instructions said to use the darkest green to do them all. I did not like how that looked as I thought it too harsh. So I only used it on the darkest leaves. Then the next value went around all but the lightest one, and for that one I used the second lightest value. Last, using some Kreinik in 093, I couched down #12 with #4 around the petals on the flower itself. Thee last two steps really define the flower very well! So I will back it with the white fabric and see what magic the framer will work!

4 comments:

Edy said...

Beautiful!

Juli said...

Congrats! - Juli

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gosh, this is pretty!

But did you have to tell EVERYONE it's my fault the chores weren't all done? LOL

Jane, the bad influence of Chilly Hollow

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

Congratulations on another finish.

It looks wonderful!

And yes, I know I'm behind on my blog reading but I'm catching up. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow