Sunday, August 2, 2009

Around the Iris

I am working the background around the Iris itself. I have been using DMC Perle in size eight. It is supposed to mirror the outside border, but I don't think I am going to do the running cross stitch on the inside. I think there should be some differentiation. Juli, the stitching group moderator suggested the T stitch and I was thinking of that same stitch. So, by popular vote that is what the background is going to be. It is taking a little time to over and under each diagonal row, but I am getting there. Now you know why I did a zoom closeup of the piece....you needed to be able to see the white on white and how much progress I have made!

2 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Pat,
This just keeps on getting lovelier and lovelier! I have the perfect place for it near my purple sampler. :)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I can just see the background stitching, Pat. It adds a lot to the piece with texture but not anything too prominent to distract from the iris itself. This has been a very beautiful and interesting project, one I'll be sorry to see you finish.