The stem under the iris is stitched first by padding it with two long straight stitches. Then using the same four strands of DMC, I covered those with the satin stitch. The very pale under stitch on the right also has a long 4 strand straight stitch and then is covered with vertical satin stitches. Last I started the dark green doing the Encroaching Gobelin to finish the leaf on the right. I started the leaf on the left, but did not get it done. These two leaves shift to the right. I think I am pretty close to being on track for completing this before the July 1st deadline.
Answers: Jane asked where I came up with the line sketch on the cupcake and is the frosting a bargello pattern. Since my mom is the artist and I cannot draw stick people, I went to the coloring books! LOL. Amazing what you can find there! Sometimes the simplest shapes can be embellished a tad to look like what we want. I looked at a lot of gorgeous cupcakes on line and they were beautiful, and made me hungry!, when I realized that the coloring book would have the most basic ideas. The frosting is going to done in the Wave stitch, which looks a lot like a bargello stitch.