Sunday, May 10, 2009

Starting Number Two

Tonight I started the Kick Back and Stitch Octagon #11. Each of these patterns contain thread combinations for several different colors. The cover picture on this design was worked in greens, and it gave variations for blues, red, and others, but I need a pastel. So I am using all of the recommended fibers, but definitely pulling my own colors to get the pastel. I first put in the X shape with Smyrna Crosses using Rainbow Gallery Tiara in gold. Then, I did the Half Crosses in DMC floss in color 3743, with six strands. I filled in next to the Smyrna Crosses and made the large square with this. Lastly, I used Watercolours in Cotton Candy to start stitching Gobelins around the outside edge.

By the way, ladies, go wash the butter off your fingers before you stitch....after eating all that popcorn!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

I should have known that you would work in gold somehow! LOL!

Love the colors so far. :-)

Oh, I'm now done with the popcorn but now I want candy after hearing about Cotton Candy as a color! LOL!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow