Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The last line

Yes, tonight I stitched the last line of the Shave Shave Shave! Yippee! This type of background goes fairly quickly. Using the Perle Cotton gives it some shine. If I use this type of background again, I could use an overdyed thread if it was pale enough not to overpower the main focus of the piece. A metallic, such as Kreinik, might also be interesting as would just adding a single thread of blending filament or Accentuate.
I only have the center of the emblem to finish, but, that has to wait until tomorrow night!

5 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

DMC has some fascinating new threads for that effect that are plied, including soft metallics and overdyes!! quite versatile.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Pat,
Congratulations on your latest finish. Can't wait to see what's next!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gosh, this went fast! I know it isn't a big piece but you really did outdo yourself in stitching it quickly and beautifully.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

It does make an interesting background.

Pierrette =^..^=

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

I agree with Judy as I'm also having fun with the new DMC threads. :-)

Very nice background and you are almost done!

Since you will be done soon I'm going to ask, "What's Next?". :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow