Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A very strange thing

The last few days blogger has been misbehaving again. After comments are posted, there is also a spot where links can be created. Blogger has been adding a link everyday to a blog. It has been directing us to the same blog everyday. http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2009/04/harry-potter-and-half-blood-prince-by.html is the link from today. I checked the Blogger help information but could not find any information regarding it. I sent the blog owner, Kristi, a note and asked her not to add the links. She said she had not been adding them. She also asked me to forward any new ones that popped up to her so she could see them and I agreed to do so. Then I got the following note from her:

"I posted this question on my blog and also in a blog network that I belong to - this led me to the blogger help site as it appears you are not the only one suffering from these "False backlinks" as they are called. Blogger is claiming that this is a search engine problem and not one that they can fix. They say that if you don't want to have to keep deleting these - then you can choose to shut off the backlink option on your dashboard. Here is a link describing the problem and "fix" in more detail.http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-troubleshoot/browse_thread/thread/dc85edef8898d7d9/7779ab8f3f5c63a2?lnk=gst&q=backlinks#7779ab8f3f5c63a2If this link doesn't work - you can go to Help Resources in your blogger dashboard - and click on Known Issues - then you have to search a little bit to get to the backlinks issue."

If you run into this, there is a fix! Thanks again Kristi for all your work!

2 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

That is strange. I haven't had any of the link insertions; however on my post yesterday, I mentioned that Blogger wouldn't accept a link I was trying to include so I had to type out the unclickable web address instead. It could be a coincidence that we are both having some type of issue with the links feature, but they said it was a search engine issue? That is strange.

Love to Stitch 99 said...

I just checked and the same person has put links on mine too so have just shut it off.

Thanks for the info.

Pierrette =^..^=