Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Round Bargellos

Above and to the right of the four way Bargello, I did the Round Bargello stitches. I used four strands of Crescent floss as I did not have the Weeks Dye Works called for. By the way, I am using a laying tool on all of the Bargello, as I always do. These stitches are over five threads and this ensures that they are laying flat and the sheen is so much prettier. After completing the Round stitches, I did Smyrna Cross Eyelet Combinations using a strand of Kreinik #8 braid in 032 pearl. This piece is meant to cover a seven inch box top.

3 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

It will be fun to follow your progress; love the blues.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I like the blue and white color combination also. Having stitched this, I am eager to see if you tweek the stitch placement like I did.

(But I did it because somehow my drawing was too small.)

Jane, hanging her head in shame at CH

NCPat said...

Yes, I will be tweaking it some. I did the copy magnification to make it 7" but it does seem to throw off what goes where a little!