Thursday, March 19, 2009

A little of this & that

First, I went back and put the Upright Cross Stitches in with a strand of Grandeur in the Half Rhodes stitches I did last night. I returned the canvas to the upright position and have now started the next section. I started the Byzantine Cashmere Jacquard section. Using a single strand of Needle Necessities Overdyed Pearl, I worked a full strand in the Cashmere stitch. Then using the Kreinik pearl, I filled in all the tent stitches. Then I worked in some ofthe away waste knot threads that were out to the left--from doing the Florentine pattern. When working a pattern with these fine threads it is not a good idea to try to work the end into the back as it will effect the look of your design. I did the away waste knots to the left of the pattern on the left. This left me a nice long tail. By stitching over the threads first, I have anchored them even more before now anchoring them into the back of this section. If you click the picture to enlarge it, you will see I still have some left to bury. No one will know, so don't tell!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Yeah, open patterns are a real pain when it comes to burying threads. Don't try this at home with nylon threads! Those slippery little devils will have you pull out all your hair!

Just my opinion but I wouldn't use nylon threads for this sort of thing.

It's getting even prettier, by the way.