Sunday, February 8, 2009

Some blue and some gold

Tonight I added the #8 Kreinik in navy on the horizontal diamonds. I also added three gold beads at each point. Next I added the single ply of gold thread to the vertical diamonds. This afternoon, I painted the box that this goes on with a spray gold. I also sprayed the inside with a couple of coats of suede in a beige. I hope to finish the stitching on this tomorrow night!
By the way, thanks for all the great comments and requests for this piece for your birthday too! I will have to keep that in mind! LOL

5 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Pat, this is getting more dramatic and impressive with each photo.

I guess Judy and I will have to arm wrestle for it.

Jane, flexing her muscles before Juda totally wipes the floor with me LOL

Mary said...

Pat, this is awesome! I love the colors.

M&Co. said...

Lovely. Simply lovely.

Meg Welch said...

I love this. It's beautiful.

Kelly said...

You are doing such a nice job on this.