Friday, December 26, 2008

The stocking has a background

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! I also hope if you had to travel, that you made it with very few issues. The news has been full of weather issue stories, and we are glad we were at home. We only traveled to go out for brunch, and then returned home.
Today, I got back to stitching!
Remember this is the Kathy Schenkel Penguin mini stocking for my great nephew Peyton. I did the outline of the top section in Splendor 860 blue, and then did the basket weave background in Splendor 802 white. I used four strands of fiber for all of these stitches. Since I will be putting color up next to the white, I decided it would be better to have all of that filled in so none of the colors would fuzz into the white.
Next up: Starting the penguin!

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I love the penguin's chubby little yellow feet! This is going to be perfect for a little boy....

Stitch faster, Pat. I can't wait!
Jane, impatient in CH