Monday, October 6, 2008

Summer dream resumes

As you can see I am back to stitching! I finished the top butterfly wing, or the one on the right, tonight. The wings were first pencil traced and then the wire was couched down to hold it in place while I buttonhole stitched all around the outside. Then the inside outlines are stitched with a single strand outline stitch. Next, the satin stitch is worked over those up to the buttonhole stitch. Last, the little white seed stitches are place all around the outside.
Tomorrow, I start the bumble bee wings!

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Wings! I love watching the wings. What else is wired and attached later besides all these wings?

NCPat said...

We still have the bumble bee wings, and one or two petals on the large flower that goes on the bottom right! Fun! They are going to be done in split stitch shading and are gorgeous!