Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The front petals are started!


Tonight, I switched back to working on batiste in the smaller hoop. First, I traced the outline of the petal shapes onto the fabric. Next I cut two pieces of wire to shape around the outline of each petal. Then, I couched the wire in place with a single strand of DMC floss. Last, I did the Buttonhole Stitch around the outside of the shape and created a double strand of wool across the bottom of each petal to make a continuous stitch all around each one. The reason for this is you will notice that the wires coming out the bottom of each petal is separate. This makes it easier when taking the wires to the back and keeps the hole smaller and therefore less noticeable. Tomorrow, I will fill in each of the petals.

1 comment:

g said...

Squiggee has just sent you a " I Love Your Blog" award...
check out my blog for the scoop !
xoxoxoxoxox
g