Saturday, October 11, 2008

The first lily petal

This is the very back petal of the lily. First I worked a split stitch all the way around the outside edge of the petal using Appleton wool. Then I started the long and short stitch with the lightest pink. Then I filled in with a medium pink working to the center of the petal, and last using a dark pink in the center. I am pleased with the petal. Tomorrow I will work the one to the left that has an overturned edge. All four of these petals are worked directly onto the background.

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I love the pink colors--you blended them beautifully, Pat. I can see why the bee is buzzing around this lily!

Naturally we can't wait for the next step. Anyone bring popcorn?

Diane W said...

You can probably remember my love for butterflies-this one is going to be a keeper by all means-people at work are following the progress!