Saturday, September 20, 2008

Final bullion flowers and a ladybug

Today, I finished the bullion flowers on the bottom right, and then moved on and did a ladybug.
The bullions are done with six strands of the DMC as are those at the top.
The ladybug has a padded felt body. Then, padded sating stitch is worked in two directions on his body. The head is split stitched and then padded as well. French knots create his spots.
He is pretty cute!
I have also started working on the stumpwork leaf that is attached at the top, when it is completed. Details tomorrow.

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is some fine work! I love the way the bullion flower looks on top of the leaf.