Monday, July 28, 2008

Santa Heart

As a member of the Yahoo Shining Needle Society, I am stitching some of the Janet Zickler Casey Santas! Janet has given me permission to blog another one of her great pieces! The group is at:

The group has just started the Santa Heart, and here is what he is going to look like:





And, here is where I am so far:

First, I used DMC floss and padded the nose vertically and horizontally. Lastly, the third layer was added vertically again in Satin Stitch. Next, the eyes were worked using white DMC floss, Black Fyre Werks, and DMC black for the eyelash illusion. Step three was to work the face using DMC flosses in basketweave. Eyebrows were added using Designers Dream Wool and Stem stitching them in place. Last, again using Designers Dream wool, he has hair!

Don't you just love the twinkle in his eye already?

mirror blog: http://360.yahoo.com/needleartnut

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I don't know how she manages to come up with so many different personalities and shapes for her Santa ornaments. Very nice, Pat. He's going to be a darling Santa!

NCPat said...

I know! My plan is to set them around the house during the holidays, as they all make you smile!

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

I haven't had a chance to start on my "Heart Santa" yet as I'm still waiting on some of the speciality fibers. I do have the floss for his face so I'm hoping to finish up two projects this week and start on him this weekend...

I'm saying this with my fingers crossed as I will be sending off DS to camp on Sunday. It will just be the three of us next week so DD and I will be finding things to do and hopefully some of that will be time spent stitching though she is pushing for us to do "Tea"! Hmmmm... can I drink tea and eat while stitching at the same time, probably not... LOL!!!

Love how your "Heart Santa" is coming along.

I love the cute button nose on this one. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow