Friday, July 25, 2008

The last stitches are in

Tonight, I put in three (or more, here and there) rows of tent stitches all the way around the outside using four strands of DMC 414. I did not use the same fibers as I did in the piece. Sometimes, I do, sometimes I don't! I did this in a dark gray all the way around to follow the flow of a chickadee's feathers, as he then goes to black all over the back. I will using a black satin for his back. I will work on the finishing this weekend.
Cyn asked what is next? I have the Bluebird to do, but am still deciding on threads, so check back tomorrow to see what I will do in the meantime!
mirror blog: http://360.yahoo.com/needleartnut

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Charlie the Chickadee is darling! I think he'll be as elegant as a jewel thief with black satin on his rear. Nice job, Pat. He's full of personality and is a worthy cousin of the other Squiggee birds you've stitched.

Jane, watching from CH in admiration

Cyn said...

Hi Pat,

He is very cute!

I'm laughing at Jane's comment about black satin on his rear... How come I'm picturing a penguin now? LOL!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow