Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blue & Gray

Tonight, I filled in the last blue value in the Splendor, as well as the two shades of gray around his eyes and mouth. I started down the left side with the lighter gray to round out his body. Since I did not have any gray Splendor--at all, who would believe that!--I am using DMC. The color matches very well and it is a small area to cover. That leaves the white in his face and upper body to do before I begin using the Snow for his belly.

mirror blog: http://360.yahoo.com/needleartnut

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

cheating with DMC is acceptable - I do that myself a lot. This bird is looking good!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Cotton floss is perfect for little areas where you don't have the silk. Silk is expensive and besides, I can't shop for it more than 1-2 times a year. So DMC shows up a lot in my stitching.

This little guy has even more personality than yesterday. What fun!
Jane/CH