Friday, February 28, 2014

2 down, 2 to go

I finished all of layer two on both sides by adding all the corner crescents.  Layer 3 starts in the center with a fan stitch and two ray stitches.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

More on the second layer

After the first set of twinning Crescents are some Jessicas, more twinning Cresents, and a Rice stitch variation.  I have completed both sides but thought it would be easier for you to see if I only show one side.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mariposa returns!

I looked back at my notes and saw that I stopped working on this in September to work on a few other projects!  Wow!
So, time to get busy on it!  Today I started the 2nd layer.  I added the swirl in the very center, did mirro Sheaf sttiches and topped those with Kreinik crescents, did Sheaf stitches and finally added twining crecents.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014


I finished the silk all the way around.  Even though not called for, I added Mill Hill beads in the center square around the silver....just a few, but I like it!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Almost there!

After a little hiatus on Saturday and Sunday I got some stitching time today!  Woohoo!  I have almost all of the rest of the silk in to connect all the rectangles and square.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Putting in the silk

I am working the plaited stitches to connect the rectangles and the boxes.  I love working with Vineyard silk--it has a nice hand feel and the shine is wonderful too!

Thursday, February 20, 2014

More patterns

I finished all the corner designs to connect the rectangles and square. The last thing to do is all the plaited stitches to fill in all the rest of the design

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Zipping along

I finished the rest of the Interrupted Scotch stitches on the south rectangle.  I have started the background.
I am putting in the diagonal stitch boxes and filling them with triple crosses.  I am also doing satin stitches for the crosses that connect the boxes together.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Next steps

I finished the modified Smyrna's over the Kreinik in the side rectangles.  I then started the Splendor interrupted Scotch stitches and completed both the East and West ones.  Just the south box to work tomorrow.

After another 5 inches of snow--well over 100 inches now in Grand Rapids, we shoveled and did the snow blower this morning. This afternoon, up to 37 degrees and I am watching the drips and hearing the water in the gutters.  I can actually see some of the pine trees off my front porch.  Up til today, they were white bumps!

Monday, February 17, 2014


I finished the navy scotch stitches on the boxes.  Each waffle stitch got a cross stitch of Kreinik silver and
another one on top of those.  Then Kreinik ribbon is laid in around the navy and a modified Smyrna holds it in place.  The north and east ones are finished and the south one is almost done.

Good day to stitch as we are expecting another 3-6 inches.  Interstate highways are getting closed due to the slippery conditions already!

Sunday, February 16, 2014


This is Symphony, a Workshop by Mail by Susan Reed for ANG.  The design is worked on a 12 square of 18 count canvas and called for Waterlilies, Impressions, Soie Cristale, Splendor, Kreinik.  I changed the colors and threads--you are not surprised right?.  Here is how far I am on this project and I will be working on this for a few more days.  I am using Waterlilies, Vineyard Silk, Splendor, Kreinik.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Appropriate Finish!

What better day to finish Mr & Mrs?  All of the outside border of basketweave for the finisher is done!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Back to basics

I worked on the basket weave around the border.  Basket weave is one of the basic stitches for us as it needs to be in a lot of pieces for tranquility or a place for the eye to rest.  In the case of the this pillow, it is not a resting place but the basis for the finisher to have a place to stitch.  I hope to finish the piece tomorrow.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Outer border

I finished the last two sides of the final border.  Looks a lot different than the painted canvas, but this fits in the wedding scheme.  On to the basketweave for the finisher.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2 of 4

The last border is an even darker shade of gray....using Gold Rush for it.  Two of the four are done.  This is moving right along!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Found, Frogged & Fixed

 When I posted this photo last week, I saw the compensating error under the M and the r.
 First, I frogged all of the offending stitches which took a bit of time to do!
I have replaced the stitches with the correct compensating.  Must have been the Florida sun!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Two borders

The second border is in.  I have ordered the color I want for the remaining border and it should be here in a day or two!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

First border

Using Silk Lame Braid in two colors, I have started the first set of borders in the Mosaic stitch.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Lots more

I made great progress on the background!  All that is left is under the Ampersand and under Mrs.!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Mr &

I made it past the Mr &  and am workng on the Mrs.!  I think one or two more sessions and the background will be done.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

About half

I think the background is now about half done!  I plan to finish all of it before I start the borders.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

All around

I am working the background all around the letters!  Making good progress too!