Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lots of layers

I have filled in this section.  Three different fibers are woven for the background.  Kreinik in two colors are added in between the woven layers and beads are added to the top.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

All the outlining

I finished the outlining!  I have started with silver Kreinik and am doing Smyrna crosses next.  A couple of other people have pulled this from their stash and are going to stitch along....maybe they will send me photos and I can post theirs too!  Hint! Hint!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Outlining

It is the frame weight!  I did more of the outlining.  Each area is counted as the stitches change direction.  It is difficult to see that they do, but they are!  Hope to finish the outline later today or tomorrow for sure and then the filling in begins.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Starting new



I finished the stitch guide for Barbados and have been trying to decide what I want to work on next....something from the stash would be a good idea.....I have been trying to choose between three.  A  piece that is a box cover....one of DebBees's designs in reds, and the frame weight by Jim Wurth......guess what won?



Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Final bling


Some crystals and beads add the last of the bling to Claudette!  She is a very happy fish!!   The final piece:

Monday, June 24, 2013

The sprays


I have stitched the black sprays in basketweave with Neon Rays and Fuzzy stuff!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A bit of wave


I am adding a wave down the center of the panels using Silk Lame in a very very pale blue/white.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Moving on!


I finished the last of the beads on the blue panels.  I have also stitched the blue diamonds and added the crosses in the centers.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

3 more bands


I finished three more bands of the Sundance beads!  Only two more to go!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Adding the beads


I am adding the Sundance beads to the blue bands.  Lots of beads done and lots more to go!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Skinny leaves



All of the tall skinny leaves are done!  This is moving right along!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Long leaves


I have started working the long leaves on the right side of the canvas and am using another Belle Soie variegated green.  I am trying to cut the thread to closely match the light and dark on the canvas.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The final flower

 
 
I have finished the final flower on the left side!  Next up....more leaves--the tall skinny green ones shown here.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Another corner


I finished the flower in the corner and have also done another leaf.  The leaves are worked in 2 variegated threads and Trebizond for the yellow--all in basketweave.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Right corner

I have worked the bottom two petals on the right corner flower!  Picking up speed now that I am back in Michigan! 

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More flowers


I have finished the center bottom red flower!  I have also started the right corner one.  These are being worked in Silk Lame and have just enough glitz to have them shine a bit.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Another Finish!


Broom Parking is back from the finisher.  I sent the canvas to Sandy Higgins of Sandy's Finishing Touches in La Jolla, CA to work her magic.  The canvas is surrounded by a black moiré ruffle and is backed with the same fabric.  The black and orange twisted cord set off the canvas and it hangs with an all black twisted cord.  I love it!  It is exactly how I saw it needed to be finished!  Thanks Sandy, for a great job!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Another color

I have started...and almost finished the bottom pumpkin and red flower.  I have changed the direction of the stitches to reflect the direction the flower is facing.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Miss Kitty

I am back from North Carolina!  While I was there, I picked up Miss Kitty from the framer and Maggie did a fabulous job!  The canvas is surrounded by a steel gray mat topped with a gray suede mat, a silver beaded filet, a steel gray filet and the curved silver frame! 

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flower #2

I finished flower #2 with the  Silk Lame Braid.  I have also done part of the leaf below it in basketweave.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Another flower

I have started the flower at the bottom....almost all of the largest petal is done, and I have worked most of the center of the top petal.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The first full flower

I have completed the first full flower on Barbados.  I am using Silk Lame Braid in the petite size.  Just a little bit of glitz for the tropical flowers!