Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
By the way, I too, like the first one better and that is because of the colors. I like those greens but I am doing this to match colors in their bathroom. I will also be adding the letter in the center of the emblem on the base, but, not until the weaving is all done.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Jane in CH asked me if there were differences between the first shaving brush and this one. Yes! There definitely are. The one on the left is the first one and was done in different shades of green than the one I am doing now. I also did the bristles a little different on the right one. I did finish the bristles on the current piece tonight. I added in the rest of the cream stitches and also unraveled a piece of Trebizond and did the edge stitches for a little twist and shine. The same colors are in both pieces except I am using a different camera than I was then. Tomorrow night I will start working the background.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Thanks for all the great comments on the Circles box! They are quick to finish when you can do a lot of spraying!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Tomorrow night I will start the creams and yellows on the base.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I started the base of the brush, which is to look like Malachite. I have three shades of Silk Mori in green, a complimentary blue green in the lower left corner, black DMC Rayon floss, and Kreinik oo2, size 12, gold. I used three strands of the silks and floss to complete the section below the emblem. I used a single strand of the Kreinik gold to complete the single row bands.
I normally work most pieces from the top down, if possible. In this case, I did not want to do this as the bristles of the brush end up as the focal point because of the layering. So, like the first one, I will complete the base and then the bristles.
Monday, April 20, 2009
I will be using different greens this time, but doing the rest of the colors pretty close to the first time. (Insert here: it would have been smart to write down all of colors I used!) There will be a few changes, but not many, so I hope you follow along.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
First, I used a pink moire for the backing. I stitched around the outside edge, with the sewing machine, believe it! Then I turned it inside out, and put a little bit of quilt batting in it so it pouches out like a purse does. Next, I hand sewed a gold trim all around the outside edge, and then added two gold beads for the closure. Last I stitched a gold chain on for the handle. It is really so cute! This is for Peyton's little sister Kailyn, my great niece. Both pieces will soon be on their way to Grand Rapids to them!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
http://needleartnut.blogspot.com/search/label/Penguin%20stocking will show you!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
"I posted this question on my blog and also in a blog network that I belong to - this led me to the blogger help site as it appears you are not the only one suffering from these "False backlinks" as they are called. Blogger is claiming that this is a search engine problem and not one that they can fix. They say that if you don't want to have to keep deleting these - then you can choose to shut off the backlink option on your dashboard. Here is a link describing the problem and "fix" in more detail.http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-troubleshoot/browse_thread/thread/dc85edef8898d7d9/7779ab8f3f5c63a2?lnk=gst&q=backlinks#7779ab8f3f5c63a2If this link doesn't work - you can go to Help Resources in your blogger dashboard - and click on Known Issues - then you have to search a little bit to get to the backlinks issue."
If you run into this, there is a fix! Thanks again Kristi for all your work!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
If you love bargello, please go and check out Laura Perrin's blog. She has a new design you will probably like!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Great variations starting with the same foundation!
Monday, April 6, 2009
As to stitching, I completed the centers of all the Round Bargellos in the top rows using two strands of DMC Rayon floss. These were done with the Smyrna Combination stitch. I then started the next area in a different combination of colors for the second band that will carry down and to the right. I also did one of the third band with yet another combination. The bottom band will have yet another variation. Stay tuned!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Tomorrow night I will continue with Bargello Rounds above the light blue ones I worked the other night.